A detached family dwelling in the Scottish Borders sees New Entrance & Ancillary Spaces progress to give a greater sense of arrival to the property where once the entrance was obscured.
The scope of works includes:
- a timber clad garage extension
- new entrance porch to accommodate the trappings of a busy family life with generous, separate coat and boot stores
- increased glazing to the house with a glazed gable to the side
- a ‘Green’ roof.
To make the most of the spectacular views across Peebles, we have revised the existing hipped roof to form a glazed gable.
In addition, the ‘Green’ roof adds an area of low maintenance Sedum planting with benefits to:
- aids rainwater management
- air quality
- sound absorption
- helps enhance the lifespan of the roof structure;
- provides an area of natural greenery in the foreground of the view from the glazed gable
The proposals have achieved both Planning Permission and Building Warrant Approval.